Effective Supervision – 10th March 2020 Gateshead NSW
There’s a saying about having or needing eyes in the back of your head.The implication being that to keep children “safe” or “out of mischief” we need to have our eyes on them at all times. While supervision is a must for early education and care services, it is crucial that we look beyond the ability to see everyone at the same time!
Effective supervision ensures that children are not in danger while encouraging opportunities for risk taking, exploration and connection.
During this session we will explore:
- What does the NQF say about supervision?
- What are the indicators of effective & ineffective supervision?
- How can the environment impact supervision?
- Why is interaction & involvement so important?
- “Troubleshooting” challenges within your service.
Attendees will leave feeling more confident in the role that they play in effectively supervising children in the early education and care environment.
28 in stock
Start date: March 10, 2020
End date: March 10, 2020
Start time: 09:30
End time: 11:30
Venue: Business Growth Centre, 48 Oakdale Rd, Gateshead NSW 2290